2010/08/09

Genki con 2010

So I just got through a weekend of Genki con in Copenhagen. I went to see a few panels and the cosplay shows of course. I enjoyed seeing all the people I know from this hobby there and sharing a geeky time with everyone.Me cosplaying Ai Amano from Video Girl Ai at the con Saturday.

I wore some cosplays that I made a while ago. I chose these two because I haven't worn them to conventions much. I actually feel a little guilty that I didn't try harder to get a new cosplay done in time for the con, I just never took the time to plan and save money for it properly.


This pic is not from the con, I didn't yet find the one photo someone took of me in this. I wore this Sunday where it was VERY rainy... so I went home quick.

It was more spontaneous to make cosplay when I stayed at my mom's and didn't have to worry about bills and stuff at the same time, now I can't just go out and buy all the materials at once, I have to plan out the costs of stuff and start months in advance.

I've been wanting to make Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for a while now, and I really like the time skip version which is a bit more covered up than the regular version.

Well, I am looking forward to creating cosplay again soon, If I start now I know I'm able to get it ready for j-popcon at November!

These cons always gives me the passion back when I've been away from the manga/animé stuff for a while. But right now I have to concentrate on the new students at classical archaeology who two other students and myself are going to take care of the first weeks of their time on campus, so the final planning processes are kinda filling up my schedule these days.

goin' to bed !

2 comments:

  1. It was so much fun to get to know you some better :D I'm looking forward to seeing you again - even if it isn't before J-Popcon!

    Wooah, you wore both cosplays?! I didn't see you in any of them :( SUUUUUUUUCKS, I especially wanna see your Video Girl Ai in real life sometime!

    And cosplaying IS expensive. Especially when you don't live at home anymore!

    DO YOKO! I sooo wanna see moar TTGL cosplay in Denmark!
    I'm planning on doing her time skip version as well (...I'm actually planning on doing ALL her versions XD) but I can't affort it until sometime next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god am so in love with you

    ReplyDelete